Thursday, March 28, 2024

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...



I've been writing short and flash fiction since 2010. In 2023, I also began writing free-verse poetry. To this date, I've had forty short stories and a few poems published. I'm submitting for publication less frequently now, but I get several stories accepted for publication every year.

All my published work is scattered across the Internet, but I've collected the stories here. It's my equivalent of 'one-stop shopping'—just for you!

Browse to your heart's content, enjoying what you choose to read and making a note of a story or two to read later. Please tell your friends about my stories and invite them to drop by. 

I will add to this blog as each newly published piece of my writing becomes available. Some editors have exclusive rights that extend well beyond the published date; others let me post my story on this page as soon as it first appears in print. 

I have built up a good inventory of unpublished stories over the years. I submit stories frequently in hopes of securing publication. Many are rejected; very few are accepted. 

All this is to say that you will need to occasionally check back to 'Don Herald Stories' to discover new published work.

Please respect that I've retained legal rights to each of my stories. Therefore, they cannot be copied and posted elsewhere. But ask me if you want to do something with one of my stories. I'm open to considering what you're proposing. But ask; please don't 'borrow' it from my page!

About the photo at the top. It's part of a painting I did several years ago. I love the textures available in acrylic paint. I was experimenting with the textures of this painting.


Thank you for stopping by.

Don

March 28, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...

I've been writing short and flash fiction since 2010. In 2023, I also began writing free-verse poetry. To this date, I've had forty ...